Sunday, February 14, 2010

Official Platform of Mrs. Virginia US Beauties 2010

Well, I have finally nailed down the platform for Mrs. Virginia US Beauties 2010. "Think Global. Think Green." This is a platform about educating about green lifestyle and advocating the need for community involvement as well as government involvement. My first big appearance supporting the official platform will be the Earth Day/Arbor day celebration at the NOVA Annandale campus here is northern Virginia. I will be educating myself as well as what being "green" actually composes of. I will be taking tours of recycling centers, landfill complexes and waterworks. During National Environmental Education Week (April 11-17, 2010) I will be reading to elementary school child books about what they can do to be "green". I will be working with the Clean the World organization (www.cleantheworld.org) by going to the areas hotels and talking to them about recycling the old soap and shampoo for them to be turned into new soap (and shampoo) that will be sent throughout the world (currently to Haiti) to prevent disease. I will then be asking the national hotel for the pageant, the Holiday Inn at Rolling Hills, to do a collection during the days of the pageant to help offset the increased activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment