Friday, September 4, 2009

Ft. Belvoir Elementary Back to School Party




Just a couple hours after the Pooch Plunge, my family attended the Ft. Belvoir Elementary Back to School celebration. What a great idea! There was a water slide, bouncy castle, a firetruck for kids to sit in and try on the gear. Inside there was popcorn, hot dogs, cotton candy, dancing and tons more activities set up in the gym.

I met a few girls who were interested in becoming my mentee but couldn't find them later.... if only I had business cards!

I got to meet the principal who was really nice and I have been invited back to future events and am being asked to read at the monthly guest readings they have! That goes in so well with my platform of literacy!

Pictures soon.

Graciously,
Jacki

No comments:

Post a Comment